Phenylephrine is a decongestant. It is used to clear stuffy noses associated with colds and hay fever.
Do not take phenylephrine if you:
- Have diabetes mellitus, heart disease, glaucoma
- Have an overactive thyroid gland
- Have prostate problems
- Are taking alcohol.
- Have tumour of the adrenal gland
Things to Tell Your Doctor. If you:
- Suffer from Raynaud's Phenomenon
- Are taking any other medicines such as tricyclic antidepressants, decongestants, digoxin
What to do if you missed a dose?
If you forget to take a dose, take the next one when needed. Do not take a double dose.
Most common side effects?
The most common side effects with phenylephrine are increased heart rate, irregular heartbeat, increase in blood pressure, trouble passing water in males