Fluticasone is a type of steroid medication and belongs to a group called as glucocorticoids. It helps to reduce swelling and irritation. It is used for the treatment of eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, insect bites, allergic rhinitis. Fluticasone is also used in the treatment of asthma.
Do not take Fluticasone if you:
- Are allergic to fluticasone
- Want to treat an infant under 3 months
- Are using for treatment of acne, severe flushing of skin on and around nose, spotty red rash around mouth, itching, viral infections, fungal infections, skin blisters.
Things to Tell Your Doctor. If you:
- Have psoriasis
- Are pregnant or breast feeding
- Have a condition of eye called glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye) or have cataract
What to do if you missed a dose ?
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose.
Most common side effects ?
The most common side effects with fluticasone are itching, increased hair growth and loss of skin color, thinning of skin, weight gain,