What is Amphotericin B used for ?
Amphotericin B is an antifungal antibiotic drug which alters the cell membrane permeability of the fungi and thus causing outflow of cell components that lead to cell death.
It is used to treat sever fungal infections caused by fungi strains such as Aspergillus , Basidiobolus , B. dermatitidis, Candida , Rhizopus and many more.
Do not take Amphotericin B if you
- Are allergic to Amphotericin B or any other ingredients of the medicine.
- Are breast-feeding
Things to Tell Your Doctor. If you
- Have severe Kidney problems
- Have severe Liver problems
- Are Pregnant or might become pregnant during the course of taking the medication
What to do if you missed a dose ?
You should tell your doctor immediately, he will decide when you should be given your next dose.
Most common side effect ?
- Increased levels of a substance called creatinine in the blood
For complete list of side effects please see the side effects tab